Healthcare degrees you can earn online
We are all currently living in an increasingly digital age. It seems that just about anything can be done online these days, from grocery shopping to dating and even doctor’s appointments. So why not earning a degree online?
An online degree program offers you the convenience of completing coursework from wherever you are, and it can be a good option if you have a busy schedule. You might be surprised to learn you can even earn a degree in the healthcare field online.
At Remington College, we offer several online healthcare degrees, ranging from diplomas to master’s degrees. Read below to learn more about the online healthcare degree programs at Remington College:
- Medical assisting. Medical assistants are responsible for completing administrative and clinical tasks, such as measuring vital signs and scheduling appointments in hospitals and other healthcare facilities. It is a growing occupation, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting it to grow 23 percent from 2018 to 2028.1 At Remington College, our diploma program consists of eight months of courses such as medical laboratory procedures and coding and billing and a one-month externship, where you can practice the skills you hear about in your coursework in the real world.2
- Pharmacy technician. Pharmacy technicians help pharmacists with their day-to-day tasks like dispensing prescription medications and organizing inventory. The job is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018to 2028.1 As part of your pharmacy technician classes at Remington College, you will have the opportunity to study the basics of drug interactions, medical abbreviations, dosage calculation and more. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a virtual externship to practice real-world skills and prepare you for an entry-level position in the field.2, 3
- Medical office administration. With a diploma in medical office administration, you might qualify for a number of entry level positions, including medical administrative assistant or medical billing specialist.3 Students have the opportunity to study the structure and function of the human body, fundamentals of practice management, medical terminology, basic medical coding applications and more, learning from instructors with experience in the field.
- Health information management. Remington College Online offers health information management as both a bachelor’s completion degree and as a master’s degree The programs aim to prepare students for a career as a medical and health services manager, helping to direct and manage healthcare facilities, areas and departments.3 The bachelor’s completion degree is designed for those who have earned an associate degree in the field and who want to earn a bachelor’s degree online. The master’s degree program allows graduates of a bachelor’s degree program the chance to pursue higher-level, industry-wide administrative, research and information systems activities.
1 BLS statistics represent national job growth expectations and are not necessarily reflective of local market conditions.
2 Must meet minimum requirements to qualify for externship course.
3 Employment is not guaranteed for students or graduates. State licensure/certification may be required.
- Online medical assisting diploma
- What medical assistants do
- Medical assistants job growth
- Pharmacy technician diploma
- What pharmacy technicians do
- Pharmacy technician job growth
- Medical office administration diploma online
- Health information management bachelor’s completion degree online
- Health information management master’s degree online
- Medical and health services managers
- Remington College Online