Medical Assisting with X-Ray
Tech (Limited Scope)
Study X-ray procedures such as radiation biology, protection, and positioning.
The Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope) Diploma program at Remington College
Remington College’s Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope) diploma program was designed to help prepare you for a career within the healthcare industry. This diploma program offers classroom instruction as well as hands-on lab and clinical experiences. Study limited X-Ray procedures, medical insurance and coding, patient billing, and more.*
X-ray technology is more than just looking at the structure and shape of bones; it is an important way to see inside of the human body and to assist in the diagnosis of diseases, conditions, or injuries.
With the hands-on training provided in Remington College’s X-ray classes, you can participate in both classroom and laboratory study of limited X-ray procedures. You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to apply your medical assisting skills to correctly operate x-ray equipment, position patients, and develop X-rays of their internal structure. Please note that this program should not be confused with an X-ray technologist program.
Locations Offering This Program:
- Radiology Clinics
- Physicians' Offices
- Health Science Essentials
- Health Science Business Procedures
- Fundamentals of Medical Assisting
- Medical Laboratory Procedures
- Specialty Exams, Urinalysis, and Microbiology
- Cardiac Specialty Procedures
- Radiographic Imaging Protocols and Positioning
Courses are subject to change. For a complete list of courses, please review the campus catalog.
- Your tuition for the Medical Assisting program includes the cost of your first attempt at the Certified Clinical Medical Assisting (CCMA) exam as well as the cost for the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Remington College will cover the cost for your first attempt at the General X-Ray Machine Operator License (GXMO), and the related application fee. Passing the GXMO exam and obtaining licensure are required in order to practice as a General X-Ray Machine Operator in Ohio and once you graduate, you can take the GXMO exam. More Info
- Remington College will cover the cost of your first attempt at the Medical Radiologic Technologist Non-Certified Technician (NCT) certification, and the related application fee. Passing the NCT exam and obtaining certification are required in order to practice as a Medical Radiologic Technologist Non-Certified Technician in Texas. More Info
Prepare for your hands-on lab experience by utilizing our simulation tools:
Our virtual simulation tool provides valuable lab simulation exercises to prepare you for a better hands-on lab experience and to keep your skills fresh in preparation for externship, clinical work, and your potential future employment in the field.
- Perform lab simulations as many times as you want during your course.
- Complete virtual lab exercises within your schedule.
- Virtually administer intradermal, intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
- Practice radiographic imaging and radiographic image analysis.
The medical programs at Remington College are led by industry-experienced instructors dedicated to providing a real-world, hands-on experience for students.
Additional healthcare-related Diploma programs offered by Remington College