Cosmetology Degree - Associate
Study the science, art, and business of cosmetology while gaining client experience at our facilities.
The Cosmetology Degree
Program at Remington College
Remington College’s Cosmetology Associate Degree program covers industry fundamentals and the basics of skin care, hair care, and nail care. The Cosmetology curriculum in our program also includes an overview of small business principles and basics, to help students learn the skills that may be necessary to open their own salon or spa. No previous cosmetology college experience is necessary for program entry.
Cosmetologists provide haircutting, hairstyling, make-up application, skin care, and nail care to their clients in salons and spas. They may be part-time or full-time, and many can work a flexible schedule with nights and weekends common in the industry.
Locations Offering This Program:
- Licensed Beauty Salons
- Day Spas
- Nail Salons
- While in Cosmetology School, you have the opportunity to learn the unique Matrix CRAFT Methodology. Through CRAFT, you’ll discover a hands-on, learner focused system that delivers education based on the core skills you need to color, cut and style at higher levels.
- A cosmetology school can give you the classroom and hands-on experience you need to earn a license and begin your beautician career.*
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), overall employment for those seeking a career as a hairdresser, hairstylist, or cosmetologist is expected to increase by 8 percent from 2018 to 2028, which is faster than average for all occupations.*
- Product knowledge (featuring the Matrix CRAFT Program)
- Hair cutting, coloring, styling, and chemical services
- Hair styling and shaping techniques
- Hair and skin care
- Make-up theory
- Manicure and pedicure techniques
Courses are subject to change. For a complete list of courses, please review the campus catalog.
Prepare for your hands-on lab experience by utilizing our simulation tools:
Our new virtual simulation tool provides valuable lab simulation exercises to prepare you for a better hands-on lab experience and to keep your skills fresh in preparation for your potential future employment in the field.
- Perform lab simulations as many times as you want during your course.
- Complete virtual lab exercises within your schedule.
- Practice haircut styles like perimeter graduation, blunt , A-line, graduated, long layered undercut, and many more.
- Create and design your own virtual client to practice your techniques.
The Cosmetology and Nail Technician programs at Remington college are designed to allow our students to express their creative abilities while learning about how to pursue a career in their chosen profession.
Related programs offered by Remington College